Headset forecasts an even larger than usual uptick in recreational cannabis sales on Green Wednesday this year for several reasons:
– In all adult use cannabis states tracked by Headset, the total market has grown by at least 20% in total revenue over last year (when comparing October 2019 to October 2020).
– During the COVID-19 pandemic we have seen significant changes in consumer behavior. In March and April 2020, when many states were enforcing stay-at-home orders, the cannabis market saw a decrease in total transaction volume, but a significant increase in average basket size. This makes sense because customers were likely trying to minimize their trips to the dispensary, so they bought more per trip.Through the summer and into Autumn, average baskets have stayed significantly higher than they were pre-COVID, but transaction volume has crept back up to nearly the same level it was at in February. These two trends combined indicate a ‘new normal’ in the cannabis industry driving the highest monthly revenue totals since the beginning of the legal sales.
– Additionally, with many states reinstating COVID-19 lockdown measures, and advising against travel and social get togethers, Thanksgiving 2020 will be unlike any in living memory. With millions of Americans being asked to stay at home for the holiday, frankly, what else is there to do?
– Edibles have performed well throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. That along with their usual strong sales lifts during the holiday season leads us to predict Edibles and Beverages to again be the categories with the biggest sales lifts on Green Wednesday this year. Both product formats are conducive to indoor consumption (for those that don’t want to smoke or vape in their homes), and THC infused Beverages are often associated with celebration, as they are increasingly seen as a substitute for alcoholic beverages.
High Tide Crushes Fourth Quarter, 166% Increase in Revenue
Canadian cannabis retailer, High Tide Inc., (TSXV: HITI) (OTCQB: HITIF), announced their Q4 earnings yesterday for 2020. Despite the curveballs 2020 threw, High Tide landed on top, and reported a 118% increase in revenue bringing the total to $24.9 million for the fourth quarter. The revenue increase accounted for a 166% year-over-year growth, and brought […]
The post High Tide Crushes Fourth Quarter, 166% Increase in Revenue appeared first on Green Market Report.
Canadian cannabis retailer, High Tide Inc., (TSXV: HITI) (OTCQB: HITIF), announced their Q4 earnings yesterday for 2020. Despite the curveballs 2020 threw, High Tide landed on top, and reported a 118% increase in revenue bringing the total to $24.9 million for the fourth quarter. The revenue increase accounted for a 166% year-over-year growth, and brought the year’s total earnings to $83.3 million.
High Tide’s revenue by geographic location
- $20.6 million of total company revenue was earned in Canada in Q4
- $4.1 million of total revenue was earned in the United States in Q4
- $0.2 million of total revenue was internationally in Q4
- $68.4 million of total revenue was earned in Canada in fiscal year 2020
- $14.3 million of total revenue was earned in the United States in fiscal year 2020
- $0.6 million of total revenue was earned internationally in fiscal year 2020
High Tide’s gross profit increased by 112%
The company’s gross profit increased by 112% to reach $8.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2020, and 172% to $30.8 million for the year. The company’s CEO and President, Raj Grover, said 2020 was their best year yet. “Despite the global slump in retail sales associated with the pandemic, and thanks to the tireless efforts of our team, we closed the year with approximately $8 million in Adjusted EBITDA making 2020 the best year in High Tide’s history,” said Raj Grover, President and Chief Executive Officer. High Tide’s Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter was $3.6 million, and the $8 million represents the fiscal year ended October 31st, 2020.
High Tide’s cash on hand
The company reported $7.5 million cash on hand as of October 31st, 2020, and a significant cash balance increase to approximately $38 million as of today.
- $22.6 million in total revenue was generated by retail in Q4
- $2.2 million in total revenue was generated by wholesale in Q4
- An immaterial amount by corporate was generated in Q4
- $75 million in total revenue was generated by retail in fiscal year 2020
- $7.9 million in total revenue was generated by wholesale in fiscal year 2020
- $0.4 million in total revenue was generated by corporate in fiscal year 2020
These figures compare to $24 million, $6.69 million, and $0.6 million, respectively, for the previous year.
More thoughts from High Tide’s CEO
“We continued to run our operations tightly, ending the year off with the record levels of revenue and Adjusted EBITDA.,” said Grover. “We are excited about our trajectory in the United States and continue to prioritize and look for opportunities in that market. Our integrated value chain which includes Cannabis Bricks & Mortar stores, e-commerce platforms for consumption accessories and hemp derived CBD products, along with manufacturing and distribution of licensed and proprietary consumption accessories, experienced sizable growth on all fronts. We plan to continue to further strengthen our chain through organic growth and strategic acquisitions creating even more value for our shareholders. Since the end of the fiscal year, we have already nearly doubled our size in Canada with the closing of the META Growth acquisition. For the fiscal first quarter of 2021 we expect to report revenue in the range of $37 million to $38 million.”
In addition to monetary achievements, High Tide made some operational moves last year to set the company up for success in 2021 and beyond.
- Canna Cabana (High Tides retailer) opens location in tourist destination Banff, Alberta in August
- META shareholders overwhelmingly approve High Tide’s acquisition of META Growth Corp. (META. V) in October 2020
- Over 50% of the company’s brick-and-mortar revenue came from Cabana Club members, emphasizing the brand’s value
- High Tides entered a loan agreement for $6.75 million ending on December 31st, 2024 of an undrawn balance on a $20 million credit facility, which was obtained through the acquisition of META
- Approximately $29 million worth of company debt was converted into common shares after October 31st, 2020
- Company common shares moved up to the TSX Venture Exchange
- The company submitted an initial application to be listed on the NASDAQ
- High Tides closed on an unsubscribed bought deal equity financing, gross proceeds $23 million
- All branded locations have remained operational throughout the COVID-19 crisis, despite difficult issues facing Canada.
Trade with the Official CFD Partners of AC Milan
CBD and Menopause
Menopause is a natural aging process. Navigating through this phase with lifestyle improvements and…
Menopause is a natural aging process. Navigating through this phase with lifestyle improvements and a positive approach could make a lot of difference. Has CBD got a role to play? Let us discuss further.
The tall list of symptoms associated with menopause makes us worried, anxious, and pessimistic. So I am eager to share some insights on taking a positive approach to this stereotypical thinking around menopause.
Are hot flashes, weight gain, lowered sex drive, sleep troubles, mood swings, annoying you?!
Come on! Pat yourself, thank your body for having taken you this far, smile, and get set for yet another transformation.
“Menopause is a path that is guiding you towards wisdom, higher spirituality, and finding your Ikigai.”
Only for new customers, we offer the following coupon code for a 12% discount on your first order.
* valid for all Nordic Oil products (excl. bundles)
Therefore, consider this post as a discussion guide to improve your understanding of menopause and make informed decisions about using CBD to handle the discomforts during this phase of life.
- Is CBD beneficial for menopause?
- Does CBD help balance hormones?
- Which CBD is good?
- Menopause Diet Ideas
- What does science say about CBD and women’s health?
- Menopause and Andropause: Some Insights
Is CBD beneficial for menopause?
Firstly, let us understand that menopause is a natural transformation process for your mind, body, and soul. So, how about artistically approaching this phase of life with the help of scientific methods? Could it help discover new perspectives while combating the annoying menopausal symptoms with ease?
There is a wide range of symptoms that menopause displays. Physical symptoms include vasomotor symptoms (commonly known as hot flashes), night sweats, sleep disturbances, weight gain due to decreased metabolism, urinary incontinence, dizziness, headaches, loss of bone density, joint pain, breast tenderness, hair growth in unwanted parts, and more.
Additionally, mental troubles include mood changes, irritability, difficulty concentrating, and so on. Also, vaginal dryness and declining estrogen levels lower your sex drive.
Now, looking at the suitability of CBD products to these menopause symptoms, anecdotal and self-reported surveys of women using CBD oil for managing insomnia, hormonal imbalances, and mental stress are worth considering.
For example, medical experts opine that cannabinoids could help manage the triggers of hot flashes. Aging women age are susceptible to high stress and uncertainty, which leaves them anxious. Therefore, practitioners report that women who have adopted CBD products have responded well.
Similarly, reference from another anecdotal information records that women find comfort from insomnia and hot flashes when using CBD products. And consider them as alternatives to opioids and NSAID class painkillers.Moreover, clinical interventions such as hormonal therapy are effective treatments for menopause symptoms, inhibiting bone loss, reducing fracture incidence in postmenopausal women, and restraining long-term estrogen deficiency. But hormone replacement therapy does cause side effects depending on your age, medical history, and condition.
Does CBD help balance hormones?
In general hormonal imbalances could affect both men and women, mostly during their middle ages. And the resulting conditions can be overwhelming. The endocrine system consists of glands responsible for producing hormones that regulate growth, metabolism, reproduction, mood, and sexual health. Hence fluctuations in these hormones give rise to health conditions including diabetes, thyroid disorders, obesity, osteoporosis, PCOS, and more.
When it comes to women, puberty, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and menopause are significant biological events that trigger hormonal fluctuations.
- A 2018 study reports the interconnection between the endocannabinoid system and the functions of the endocrine system. Cannabis-derived compounds exert their effects by interacting with the cannabinoid receptors.
- Another study points that CBD interferes with cortisol secretion,
- Estrogen and the endocannabinoid system have direct and indirect interactions. The endocannabinoid system impacts the release of estrogen through central down-regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH).
Recommended reading: How does CBD interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
It is important to note that there is no reference to clinical trials on managing menopause with cannabis products. Despite the popular applicability of CBD products in multitude of domains, this topic has received limited research attention.
Which CBD product is good for menopause?
CBD products are available in several forms that give you the convenience of personalizing it according to your needs. That includes CBD oils, CBD capsules, CBD vape liquids, CBD supplements, CBD topicals, and more.
- In which route can I take my CBD?
- What CBD dosage could provide me relief?
These are the two questions that you may find solutions to from your personal experience.For example, women in the perimenopause phase (six months to one year) is the transitional phase where considerable hormone fluctuations occur. So, this period could display most of the symptoms in a much-pronounced manner.
Here are a few options for you to consider while choosing your CBD:
- Full-spectrum CBD oils contain all the cannabinoids and terpenes that could give you the entourage effect. You could sublingually take a few drops as recommended. Or you could add them to your food and take them twice or thrice in a day. It could take 15-20 minutes to get absorbed, and the effect could last between 4-6 hours.
- If you are a new user to CBD, start low. Micro dosing may be an effective method to keep you active throughout the day.
- CBD liposomal capsules are also a good choice. The onset time could be a little longer, say, roughly an hour ( 60 minutes), but its effect can last for 6-10 hours.
- For experienced users, CBD concentrates could provide a quicker onset time to get absorbed by the bloodstream.
- Vaporizing may not be suggested for women who are undergoing hormone replacement therapies or other complications.
- Studies have shown that phytocannabinoids and terpenes interaction produces a synergistic effect. Terpenes such as Myrcene, Linalool, Caryophyllene help manage pain, inflammation, depression, anxiety, and bacterial infections.
Ultimately, you can choose how you prefer to take your CBD based on the symptoms that need the most attention. Consult with your medical expert to give you a suggestion about the appropriate dosage that suits you, considering your intake of other medications.
Menopause Diet – Some Ideas
Planning a good diet could save you from a lot of troubles. Your perfect menopause diet should provide you with:
- adequate nutrition,
- check fluctuating sugar levels that can help maintain weight
- improve hormonal balance and reduce inflammation.
Therefore to attain the above diet goals:
- Include fiber-rich food such as oats, brown rice, millets, and whole grains.
- Liberally take fruits such as papaya, apples, kiwi, guava, and vegetables such as carrots, beetroots, bell peppers, broccoli.
- Studies suggest that intake of lignans shows a 15% decreased risk in post-menopausal women. You can find dietary Lignans in cereals and oilseeds.
- Increase lignans intake from sources such as wheat, oat, barley, and rye cereals. Also include oilseeds such as flax seeds, sesame seeds, and hemp seeds. These are also rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids that help maintain hormonal balance.
- Phytoestrogen-rich foods help tackle weakened bones due to estrogen deficiency. They include Tofu and Fish such as Tuna, Salmon, and Mackerel. Similarly, soy milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese, green leafy vegetables, spinach, kale, may help improve vaginal dryness and bone loss.
- Vitamin B6, Calcium, Protein, B complex in the form of supplements could be helpful.
Now, you have a chance to generously treat yourself with a portion of nutritious food every day. Go ahead! Be creative and infuse CBD oil in your smoothies, salads, pasta, and sandwiches, and keep yourself feeling good.
Not to forget, avoid caffeine, tea, alcohol, tobacco, refined food, sugary confectionery, and spicy food as these could make you acidic. Acidity could eventually affect your bone health and aggravate your condition.
What does science say?
The three phases include Perimenopause, Menopause, and Post-menopause. This prolonged period affects the quality of life of women. There are little to no studies that focus on the applicability of CBD to handle the troublesome symptoms that accompany this phase.
Available observational and clinical studies provide data only around menopause, hormone replacement therapy, and breast cancer. But, women’s health issues such as puberty, pregnancy, and menopause need more attention.
Therefore, there is a need for more conclusive reports to substantiate the use of CBD and if CBD could help in alleviating specific health conditions.
Menopause and Andropause: Some Insights
The mid-life crisis affects both men and women.
While women experience a decline in estrogen levels, andropause affects 50 years and older men who experience a drop in testosterone levels.
But andropause is a debatable topic. Studies say that not all men undergo this phase, even though the symptoms are similar to what women face. Hot flashes, reduced sex drive, depression, mood changes, and anxiety could affect men in their mid-life in their early 40’s.
Studies say that men process pain and aging differently. That is why maybe they avoid talking about it. CBD could help them too in handling uncomfortable symptoms. So, do support your better half, brother, or friend if they need your support in handling andropause.
- The average menopause age is 51.2years, but perimenopause symptoms begin 3-5 years earlier. Moreover, studies say that race, ethnicity, lifestyle, and demographic factors affect the onset age.
- Scientific studies are yet to certify cannabis products for handling menopause symptoms. But increasing self-reported surveys from women show interest in CBD to manage their mid-life crisis.
- Micro-dosing of CBD could be an effective method to keep the body comfortable throughout the day.
- Kegel exercises, specific yoga asanas such as Adho Mukha Svanasana, Uttana Shishosana, could provide relief from sleep disturbances, reduce anxiety and help improve sleep. Similarly, research emphasizes complementary health practices such as hypnosis, mindfulness meditation, tai chi combined with botanicals and natural supplements for women who seek alternative remedies.
- Ultimately, brush aside all the inconveniences and think of the bright side. Rediscover the new you! How about trying our CBD cosmetics range that not only pampers your senses but also integrates all the benefits of CBD.
Share this post with a friend of yours and improve your positive karmic footprint. Stay social and subscribe to our newsletters.
Anyone a fan of thoughtcloud?
I was using it previously as my ex gave me a bottle and now I want to give cbd to my father who was just diagnosed with cancer.
However I cannot find anything online on this company. Seems they are from Colorado and have a variety of cannabinoids including CBG which is also of interest to me however outside of their site and a few instagram affiliates there is not much info. You can scan the qr code but it seems to lead to one batch test.
Does anyone have more info on them? Im wondering if I should find a different brand to give my father
CBD Vape Oil Market 2021: Global Trends, Business Overview, Challenges, Opportunities …
Industrial Hemp in Automotive Market Estimated Forecast Analysis 2021-2030
Microstructure, characterization of interfacial phases and mechanical properties of high Nb–TiAl/Al2O3 joints brazed by novel Nb particle-reinforced Ag–Cu filler alloy
Drew Carey CBD – How Does It Work For Body Pain
National Hemp Association Awards First Recipients of Social Equity Conscious Business (SECB …
8 of the best cannabis gummies to try right now
The Daily Hit: The February 25th, 2021
GW Pharmaceuticals receives positive CHMP opinion for EPIDYOLEX® (cannabidiol) for use as treatment of seizures associated with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
Everything You Need to Know About CBD Lotion For Pain Relief
Cannabis and the Autistic Spectrum
Natures Method CBD Gummies : How To Order & Basic Price Detail?
Hemp a budding industry in New Mexico
Hello, im new to CBD and I just got this e-liquid and a pen. I looked up the vape juice after, and it doesn’t seem to exist.. Has anyone else used this brand?
Top 5 reasons people use CBD tinctures
US tin plate exports down 32.2 percent in December
USTR Nominee Katherine Tai Says She Wants to Make Sure Trade “Works for Our Workers”
A question on manufacturing electronics at a production level…
Bloom Farms Sport Stick
Should I purchase extract labs CBD Oil?
US rig count increases week-on-week while Canadian count declines
Heartland1 week ago
Florida Bill Aims to Legalize Medical Magic Mushrooms
Heartland3 days ago
CBD Vape Oil Market 2021: Global Trends, Business Overview, Challenges, Opportunities …
Heartland1 week ago
Delta 8: Shipping Vape Ban Goes Into Effect Soon – What Does It Means?
Heartland1 week ago
Explained: How CBD Oil is Different Than CBD Capsule?
Heartland1 week ago
Affordable cbd oil?
Heartland1 week ago
Metal1 week ago
Local Turkish DKP grade scrap prices remain stable
Material1 week ago
Dielectric properties and potential applications of alizarin yellow GG-Cu(II) complex film blended with polyvinyl alcohol